Wilkommen, Bienvenu, Welcome... Sziasztok!

Welcome to The Lotus Position, an intermittent collection of extempore navel gazings, ponderings, whinges, whines, pontifications and diatribes.

Everything is based on a Sample of One: these are my views, my experiences... caveat lector... read the Disclaimer

The Budapest Office - Castro Bisztro, Madach ter

The Budapest Office - Castro Bisztro, Madach ter
Ponder, Scribble, Ponder (Photo Erdotahi Aron)

Wednesday 22 August 2007

Boltzmann Brains

Yesterday I decided to write about the serious problem of Boltzmann Brains*; I knew it would be a long post as it would have to take in - at least passingly -
and several other major topics.

However, in the course of doing some basic research - including reading various fascinating but obscure papers on one or more of the above (with such wonderful titles as "Repelling the Invasion of the Boltzmann Brains") - I became a little distracted by other things as The Sleeping Beauty Problem, Bertrand's Paradox, The Doomsday Argument - and Mike The Headless Chicken and it might take a little longer than I expected... There is Stuff and there is Deep Stuff - this is the latter.

Maybe I should do it in pieces?

Please return to this page again on 22nd August 1,000,0000,000,002,007 - or thereabouts - for an update.

What do you mean you already have?

*If you think the government should take action now to deal with the problem of Boltzmann Brains, why not start an e-petition? (My first attempt at this, to urge the PM to answer questions in a "more business-like manner", has so far attracted 7 signatories - so maybe I haven't quite tapped into the zeitgeist...)

0 comments: