Wilkommen, Bienvenu, Welcome... Sziasztok!

Welcome to The Lotus Position, an intermittent collection of extempore navel gazings, ponderings, whinges, whines, pontifications and diatribes.

Everything is based on a Sample of One: these are my views, my experiences... caveat lector... read the Disclaimer

The Budapest Office - Castro Bisztro, Madach ter

The Budapest Office - Castro Bisztro, Madach ter
Ponder, Scribble, Ponder (Photo Erdotahi Aron)

Wednesday 18 April 2007

Beginnings.

Dear AK at Prompt Communications has been so patient as I struggle to obtain satisfaction from Steganos GmbH concerning some technical issues with Safe 2007... unfortunately her email template kept reminding me that they track blogs for their clients and so I finally succumbed and decided to start one.

What can you expect now you are here?

Not sure yet. I'm struggling with Microsoft Vista Home Premium on this new Rock Xtreme laptop (nice!) and all the applications and doodads I need to make my life technologically satisfying, and a blog seems like a nice way to highlight some observations.

What else? Oh yes... "IT" - The Book (and I'd like to big-up all my mates here, especially Dean for only making gentle fun of me over this)...

I have now been writing IT for rather too long. Occasionally friends and family ask "How's it going" and I tell them what the word count is - as if that tells them anything. Occasionally, new acquaintances ask "What's it about?", or "What sort of a book is it?" - and then the trouble starts... I'm damned if I know.

Hopefully over the coming weeks and months I might be able to work out what IT is about - or what IT is like...

Meanwhile, I keep myself distracted and my procrastination skills in peak form by reading New Scientist to keep on top of the scientific & technical news, writing absurdly tedious Visual Basic for Word and Excel to help me organise all the material in and around IT... and now by blogging too.

0 comments: