Wilkommen, Bienvenu, Welcome... Sziasztok!

Welcome to The Lotus Position, an intermittent collection of extempore navel gazings, ponderings, whinges, whines, pontifications and diatribes.

Everything is based on a Sample of One: these are my views, my experiences... caveat lector... read the Disclaimer

The Budapest Office - Castro Bisztro, Madach ter

The Budapest Office - Castro Bisztro, Madach ter
Ponder, Scribble, Ponder (Photo Erdotahi Aron)

Monday 9 June 2008

The Computer Is Dead

Long Live the Computer!

By the way - much to my surprise [the story thus far: dodgy Hungarian electrics, tripped circuit breakers, blown desktop PC power supply, internal fuse replaced, reconnected - 5th Nov 5th/4th July/20th Aug fireworks inside, ergo dead computer] I replaced the power supply in the old desktop and it still works.

Of course the disk drives were both warning of imminent failure so they got replaced too (nothing to do with the electrical mishap however, they were just tired and shagged out after shuffling bits for years). Alas a brand new Seagate 160GB drive is also moaning in an electronic "I'm dying!" sort of way (though what the IDE equivalent of "It is a far, far better thing I do now..." might be I don't know).

Just ungluck or is there something else going on?

Hmmm...

Let's see what they say at the nice PC shop (15m away diagonally down from the window) where I bought them....

Coooeeee!

0 comments: