It is done: the text, the design, the illustrations - all of it.
Except for the bits that aren't, whatever they might be: there's bound to be something.... for example, recent tribulations included (but were not limited to)
- Complete lack of internet chez nous (until Monday evening... "That's not a valid IP address..." [Thinks: but you gave it to me by DHCP!!!] "... I'll update/reset the database..."
- Death of the headset microphone when I finally got to Castro and could get online
- A typographic miscalculation by the printers in a page count
- Complete failure of printer's FTP site to be accessible to any browser (Firefox, Chrome, IE8)
- Unexpectedly appalling costs of hand binding (eschewing which then negated considerable expense and effort in attempting to productionise a "burnt in" title..."
- Und so weiter, und so weiter, und so fort...
So... in about a month's time it should turn up in hard-copy, at last...
Notice has been given on the apartment and so the last day of occupation should be 24th March 2010... home beckons (see thoughts on Home in "IT" for an explanation of that that feels like).. and then some new adventure... Soon it will be farewell to Budapest - a lovely city, hot in summer, cold in winter but always invigorating - and Hello England! again.
I'm not sure it's actually sunk in yet... perhaps when I have a volume in my hands. Now all I have to do is find an agent, get the car sorted for returning to Blighty, sort out immigration stuff, fix up my LinkedIn profile, get revenue generating (= "a job") and so on... but first I think I've earned a bit of a break - all I have to do is work out what do with it.
But that's just Stuff. Old Stuff. Coming soon - New Improved Stuff... with extra Stuffness.